Friday 1 December 2006

Organic Veggie Box

When I got home yesterday my organic veggie box from Abel and Cole was waiting for me. What joy and rapture! I opened up the account last week after I received one of their leaflets through my door. The vegetables are reassuringly muddy. Wouldn't it be funny if they bought saver vegetables and 'styled' them with a touch of organic filth! There is a Catherine Tate sketch I love where a group of Alphamums are watching their offspring compete in the egg and spoon race at their school sports day when one of the Mum's clocks a value egg box on the ground and screams "THE EGGS ARE NOT ORGANIC!!!!" and all the Mums grab their children and run to their 4x4s.

Today I ate: -
  • 1 slice of wholemeal toast with stir-fried mushrooms and cherry tomatoes
  • 3 miniature bananas
  • Salad with hoummus
  • Teriaki beef, udon noodles, stir-fry veg, pak choi

No comments: