Thursday 7 December 2006

Cheese Rhapsody

Friday 8th December

Today let us analyse my feelings about cheese. I adore cheese. I have a cheese poster which I got free with The Guardian. One of my favourite poems is Go to Bed with a Cheese and Pickle Sandwich by Mandy Coe. Just look at my Christmas wish list: -

Dear Santa,

This year please could you bring me
a truckle of farmhouse Cheddar
a Parmigiano Reggiano with one of those trendy graters
a Stilton in a lovely ceramic jar
a ripe round of Brie
a pungent Roquefort
a Yarg encased in nettle leaves
a mild and nutty Manchego
a Raclette to melt
a firm and piquant Comte

Love to Mrs Claus and all the reindeer

xxxxx

I can empathise with Wallace when he was forced to leave the beauteous Wendolene at the end of 'A Close Shave' following the astonishing discovery that she did not like cheese.
"Not even Wensleydale?"
Beloved's work Christmas party tonight, I got really jittery about it as it is our responsibility and I couldn't eat lunch. This is a strange and unpredicted turn of events. As an emotional eater I usually turn to the fridge at the least twinge of anxiety but skipping meals is equally destructive and really just another way to use food as a coping strategy. I will have to give this some serious thought.
Anyway, I had coffee with Readingfriend after work today and as usual I had a marvellous time. I always feel really positive about life when I've seen Readingfriend, I should do it more often!
Today I ate: -
  • Fruit and Fibre
  • Half a pink grapefruit
  • Deep-fried Brie with a salad garnish
  • Fishcake, salad
  • Frites and mayo
  • Baileys cheesecake

No comments: