Tuesday 12 December 2006

Christmas Nibbling

Last night was the annual quilt group Christmas nibbles session. My thoughts approaching this evening were to just go with the flow. I did think about taking hoummus and crudites but, in the end, thought this would be a pointless exercise as I knew I would end up eating lots of sticky little treats. Ironically Quiltgrouptreasurer said to us "I did think about bringing crudites, but I ran out of time and they didn't have any pre-made ones in Waitrose". To cut a short story even shorter the food was not nice. It was all out of boxes and packets and I didn't enjoy it at all. And here's the utterly brainless, stupid thing I kept eating it by the handful. Felt really grumpy and thirsty and very hungry when I got home. I wanted to raid the cupboards and start a full-on binge. I weighed myself this morning and I had re-gained 2 lbs. What's that all about, it's not like I ate 2lbs of extra food in volume.

Tis the season of Christmas nibbles, watch this space.

Today I ate: -



  • Half a pink grapefruit

  • Fruit and fibre
  • Half a carton New Covent Garden festive ham and vegetable soup
  • 1 slice soya and linseed bread toast and butter
  • Stir-fry beef, veg and udon noodles
  • 1 tiny mince pie
  • Greek yoghurt with demarera sugar

No comments: