Friday 16 March 2007

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's my birthday and I'm 39 years old today! It's been a great day so far. The kids crawled in to bed with me to say happy birthday and Eldest gave me a purple plastic heart, which had obviously fallen off something, which was so sweet. My parents left me a "fish cake", a big cake made in the shape of a fish actually made from fish cake with tiger prawn scales. Apparently the kids help make it yesterday. My parents also got the kids to paint a big box and they filled it with baby vegetables, a luxurious organic veg box. Writingfriend got me the whole first series (23 episodes!!) of Little House on the Prairie on DVD. I cannot wait to watch this with the kids as it was one of my favourite shows when I was growing up and I love pioneer, homespun things. Beloved left a stack of presents, allsorts of my favourite things. The Funfriends dropped round a present which I didn't have time to open and I got some other gifts too! What a fabulous start to the day! I made Youngest a ham omelette and Eldest a turkey bacon sandwich as Dr Phil said you should give your kids protein before they go to school, it's brain food! Ran back from school drop-off (listened to Cat Stevens singing Morning has Broken and all felt right with the world)

I have just finished my CLAIT computer assessment, our invigilator put on a red nose for Comic Relief (I often share my birthday with Red Nose Day). I am having lunch at the college restaurant with my Mum, Readingfriend, Tidyfriend and Tidybaby. The restaurant is run by the catering students, the food is great and incredibly cheap which makes it one of our favourite lunch venues. The service is hilarious, if you ask one of the serving staff a question it throws them in to a tizzy and they always say "I'll just go and ask my manager". Last time our young waiter took our coffee order five times!

Today I ate: -
  • Peanut butter on toast
  • Mackeral fillets, mustard sauce, bubble and squeak, red cabbage, ratatouille, carrots
  • Christmas pudding, custard
  • Fish cake, veg

No comments: