Wednesday 21 March 2007

Cold Turkey

I am going to try not to weigh myself for three days. That sounds a lot when I write it down as I compulsively weigh myself minimum twice a day. The low-carb thing is going fine. It is, however, expensive compared to low-fat/high-carb. When I overeat, either through greed or emotional eating, I most often consume refined carbs; cake, pastries, bread anything doughy. After a couple of low-carb days I have lost the bloaty feeling already. I am hoping going cold turkey (and you can eat unlimited cold turkey on this plan!) on the carbs will help me break the habit/addiction.

Today I ate: -
  • Sausage and fried cauliflower mash cakes
  • Roast butternut squash soup with parmesan
  • Ham
  • Tarragon chicken, stirfry cabbage and leeks, cauliflower mash
  • Double Gloucester

No comments: