Tuesday 8 May 2007

Connection Breakdown


I have had no internet connection at home for several days now. This has been very frustrating as I have not been able to list my food diary. Fortunately, I have been writing it down on a scrappy piece of paper and as I'm at work now I shall transcribe it.

Saturday May 5th : -


  • Egg mayonnaise, smoked salmon

  • Vegetable soup, parmesan

  • Chicken breast stuffed with Roule, wrapped in bacon, salad leaves

  • Sliver of giant chocolate chip cookie that the kids made

Sunday May 6th : -



  • Scrambled eggs, ham, mayo

  • Left-over chicken, dressed salad leaves

  • 2 vegetarian sausages, half an avocado, half a tomato, mayo

  • Double cream and Splenda

  • 2 squares Green and Blacks

Monday May 7th


Lunch was a challenge as we had tickets for Spiderman 3. I grabbed some cheese and made 2 quick roll-ups. For dinner we were at a Travelodge and there was nothing (NOTHING!) on the menu I could eat. Usually in these situations I am quite passive but I decided to be proactive. I asked a staff member to just give me the insides of an Italian chicken and char-grilled vegetable panini but apparently they come ready assembled (how nice, NOT!) and it is not possible to remove the innards. I ended up with a bowl of salad leaves and peppers. I asked for some olive oil to dress my leaves with and the staff member looked at me as if I had asked for a baby giraffe! I made do with 2 sachets of mayo. I felt really cross, eating out in the UK these days can be useless. No wonder we are starting to have a problem with childhood obesity. Beloved saved the day with a bag of pistachios tucked in to our luggage.



  • 2 rashers bacon

  • Hunk of cheddar

  • 2 ham and cream cheese roll-ups

  • Green salad, mayo

  • Pistachios

No comments: